Short Answer 👇
If you are in a hurry and don’t want to read the complete article. But need a best affordable hosting provider.
Then you can go with Hostinger. It is the cheapest. Goes with all kinds of business. But if you want more alternatives then read below.
Main Article Starts From Here 👇
This article is completely based on my own personal experience. I have been working in this web industry since 2017. Its a long time and I have been used soo many domain hosting providers for various reason.
In this article I will help you to identify which hosting provider you should choose according to your business, blog etc.
My Research: How to Choose the Best Web Hosting Service for Your Site?
- Know What Your Website’s Needs Are.
- Confirm the Subscription Period for Hosting Contracts.
- Check for Server Reliability, Uptime and Downtime Guarantees.
- Confirm the Host’s Refund Policy and Guarantees.
- Understand What Your Upgrade Options Are.
- Verify the Host’s Primary Features.
⚡ (Breakdown) ⚡
1. Know What Your Website’s Needs Are.
Identify which kind of website you are going to have. Because if you are trying to open a business then I have to suggest you one hosting provider and if your going to have a blog website, then I have to suggest you different hosting provider.
2. Confirm the Subscription Period for Hosting Contracts.
Depending on your niche(Business/Blog/Other). You will select a hosting plan.
Hosting providers provides several hosting plan in these days. Such as:
- WordPress Hosting
- Website Hosting
- Website Hosting
- WP Website Builder
- Dedicated Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Shared Hosting and many more
Your have to choose your plan wisely depending on your website niche. More details later on this article.
3. Check for Server Reliability, Uptime and Downtime Guarantees.
While choosing a hosting provider, you need to know about Server Reliability, Uptime and Downtime of that particular hosting provider.
What is Server Reliability?
Server reliability is something that is governed by how well a server is managed, with the best managed servers being the most reliable and offering the best uptime; in order to manage a server properly you need to be well versed in server management skills and larger web hosting providers tend to offer the best.
What Is Server Uptime?
Uptime refers to the time a system runs without a shutdown or restart. Server uptime is the total duration for which a server is fully functional and running. It is a metric used to denote the performance of a server. Server uptime is monitored and measured by server monitoring tools.
What is a website downtime?
When a website is inaccessible completely or is unable to perform its primary task for its users, then the site is said to be down. This period of the outage is referred to as the website downtime.
That’s why, before selecting a hosting provider you need to do research on these factors.
4. Confirm the Host’s Refund Policy and Guarantees.
Every well know and professional hosting providers have Refund Policy. This policy build trust between a company and its users.
That’s why before choosing a hosting provider, you should check if that company has refund policy or not.
What is refund policy?
A refund policy is a document that outlines the rules for getting refunds for purchased goods and services. A refund policy often details the eligibility requirements for refunds, types of refunds given, the refund timeframe, and the return process. Source: Termly.io
5. Understand What Your Upgrade Options Are.
Everyone needs to upgrade themselves some day. Like that your website will also be needed some update/upgrade after few months or years. That’s why while choosing a hosting provider you need to keep this point in your mind.
Important: Check if your hosting providers provide an upgrade option or not. If yes, then check the cost of your upgraded plan.
6. Verify the Host’s Primary Features.
Different hosting providers provide different features. You need to make sure, your choosing hosting provider is providing your all the required features or not.
And pricing is a main factor in this matter. The more features you will add, the more costly it will be. More details later in this article.
◀ Now Its Time: Straight Point
Depending on my research and previous factors, here is my list of hosting providers.
I know this list is not small. Lets start making it small.
1. Bluehost – Best for New WordPress Websites.
If you’re specifically looking to build a WordPress website, or you are planning on committing to a multi-year hosting plan, Bluehost is a solid option. But there are a few factors keeping it from top-tier status. Here’s what you should know.
Bluehost Pros and Cons.
- Affordable long term plans
- One of three web hosting services endorsed by WordPress
- 24/7 phone and chat support
- Dependable uptime in testing
- Excellent WordPress hosting plans
- Useful WordPress site-building software
- Terrific customer service
- Easy-to-use interface
- Free site migration
- No cloud hosting plans
- No Windows servers
- No month-to-month plans
- No uptime guarantee
Who It’s For?
A massive portion of the internet is powered by WordPress (more than 40 percent!), so there’s a good chance that you may go that route, too. Fortunately, Bluehost excels at WordPress hosting, offering plans that let you build nearly any website you wish. Plus, Bluehost has custom tools that make building a WordPress site an even easier affair.
2. DreamHost – Best Value for Shared Hosting.
DreamHost is an employee-owned web host that’s home to more than 1.5 million websites. People trust DreamHost because they provide fast websites, at great prices, in clear terms.
The company has a 100% uptime guarantee and will compensate you if your site goes down. After signing up, if you are not happy with the performance, you can cancel within the first 97 days to receive a full refund.
DreamHost Pros and Cons.
- Strong security features
- Extensive domain-management tools
- Excellent cloud hosting offerings
- Unlimited data transfers per month
- Generous shared hosting money-back guarantee
- Useful WordPress staging feature
- No email with Shared Starter plan
- Lacks Windows-based servers
- No telephone support
Who It’s For?
With its easy-to-use tools, DreamHost is a great host if you’re new to building websites. It also has fantastic cloud-based hosting with highly competitive rates, and a feature-packed toolset that includes site-building software and unlimited data transfers across the board.
3. CloudWays – Store Your Website on The Cloud.
We know Google and Amazon have incredible cloud services — as do industry leaders such as Digital Ocean, Linode, and Vultr. However, these ala carte services can be hard for rookies to set up, configure, and maintain.
That’s where Cloudways comes in. The cloud hosting provider connects customers to all the modern technologies and capabilities of the cloud titans — as well as the hands-on support and technical experience to make your move to the cloud as stress-free as possible.
CloudWays Pros and Cons.
- Vertical scaling
- Server features
- You can add as many website installations as you like
- One-click deployment
- High-performance servers
- Faster server speeds than competitors
- Free SSL certificate
- Magento, WordPress, WooCommerce, Drupal, Joomla and Prestashop friendly
- Varnish and Memcached pre-installed
- Managed app with database backups and restore function
- Free trial
- Pay As You Go pricing plan
- Not for beginners
- No root access, no server modifications (because they are managed)
- Most add-ons are extra paid (including email)
- If you delete your server in a free trial, it will automatically end. Even if you are within the free trial period
- You are basically combining Cloudways service with another cloud provider and relying on two companies to keep your site up
- You cannot use Plesk or cPanel. Cloudways provide their own platform to help you manage applications hosted on cloud servers
Who It’s For?
If you are not a beginner and if you want to host your business on popular servers like Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, AWS, Vultr, Linode etc. Then you should definitely go for CloudWays.
4. Hostinger – Best Overall.
Hostinger offers dependable web hosting at a great price. Shared hosting plans start at $1.99 per month, which includes free weekly backups and enough bandwidth for 10,000 visitors to your site.
Normally you have to back up your site yourself or pay extra, but you get that peace of mind for free with Hostinger.
Hostinger Pros and Cons.
- High-quality, low-cost plans
- Helpful customer service
- Terrific uptime in testing
- Optional Minecraft servers
- Includes the company’s own Zyro website builder
- Lacks dedicated web hosting
- Not every plan has a Windows option
- Lacks phone support
- Base shared hosting plan offers just one email account
Who It’s For?
Gamers who want to create their own private servers. Of course, Hostinger serves non-gamers, too. The web host constantly adds features to its excellent hosting options, or improves accessibility to make those options easier to use. Check out Hostinger’s customizable packages if you need a web server that requires a specific build.
5. ScalaHosting – Alternative VPS
Overall, ScalaHosting offers superb value for the price you pay. Its shared plans are very affordable and come with a wide range of beneficial features, it offers highly-configurable virtual private server (VPS) hosting plans, and users report quick and effective customer response times.
With one-click installations, free migrations, and a 30-day money-back guarantee, ScalaHosting makes it easy for new users to get started as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, WordPress users may prefer to take their business elsewhere as ScalaHosting’s WordPress hosting solutions are relatively bare compared to other providers.
ScalaHosting Pros and Cons.
- Fully management VPS, including 24/7/365 support and regular server maintenance and snapshots
- Automatic daily backups to a remote server
- SShield security protection, SWordpress Manager, SPanel “all-in-one” controlpanel
- LiteSpeed web server, SSD NVMe storage drives, free SSL & CDN
- Free and unlimited website migrations
- Free domain name for one year
- Dedicated IP address and dedicated CPU/RAM resources
- Choose from ScalaHosting, DigitalOcean and AWS data centers
- 24/7/365 expert support
- Limited server locations (US/Europe only)
- SSD on VPS plans only
Who It’s For?
Scala Hosting provides excellent hosting features, strong performance, and security. If you’re looking for high-quality, reliable fully managed cloud VPS hosting that won’t break your budget, you should definitely consider this cloud VPS host. This Scala Hosting review will explain why.
6. GreenGeeks – Best Eco-Friendly Hosting.
GreenGeeks is an eco-friendly alternative to other web hosting providers.
What’s that mean? It means the company uses renewable energy to power its web hosting services. So you can feel good about creating your website while showing your support for environmental sustainability.
GreenGeeks Pros and Cons.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free domain name, and unlimited disk space & data transfer
- Free site migration service
- Nightly automatic data backups
- LiteSpeed servers using LSCache caching
- Fast servers (using SSD, HTTP3 / QUIC, PHP7, built-in caching + more)
- Free SSL certificate & Cloudflare CDN
- Setup cost and domain fees aren’t refundable
- No 24/7 phone customer support
Who It’s For?
You and I both know that there’s no shortage of web hosting providers on the market today. Web hosting is one of the most important aspects of running a successful small business website or blog. That’s where GreenGeeks hosting come in.
If you ask me to choose one of the best affordable hosting provider. Then it will be difficult for me. Because I don’t know about your website, niche, budget, future plan etc.
But you are a beginner and need a beginner friendly hosting provider with best, affordable, reliable, 24/7 customer support. Then you can go for Hostinger. Many of my subscribers & students use it.
Tech2etc is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s why you can trust us.